On Sunday January 31st at 1:30, the girls and I said our final Farewell to Bentley. I remember the first time Garrett brought him home from the Airport in October of 2006 . The first time I saw the tiny underfed eight week old puppy, he slowly made his way out of his carrier. He was sad and frightened that first couple days but later did a three sixty. He was my first dog and with that disadvantage was not prepared for what was ahead. Bentley has a lot of life and energy I have yet to see in another dog. He was stubborn and most often disobedient. At the same time he was the most loving and friendly little guy around. Once my girls came, Bentley was left to enertain himself. I felt bad that he was constantly left behind.
With the all the transitioning we will be doing, we made the tough decision to find him another home. Lucky enough we found a great home for him. An older couple from Twin Falls Idaho, with a great love for dogs. I am happy to say Bentley will have the means to a happy life. Owners who will spoil him and a lot of land where he can release all his energy.
So Bentley we didn't give you up, we gave you a better life. It was hard for us, but for everyone involved, I know we made the right decision. Sorry Brooklyn I know you loved him, we all did.
This entry was posted
on Thursday, February 04, 2010
at Thursday, February 04, 2010
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.
