December 2009  

Posted

Well I am officially the worst blogger! We had a wonderful holiday season. From the 13th-20th we left my kiddos with my mom. As Garrett and I set out for a fun filled cruise down through the Mexican riviera with Garrett's family. The name of the ship is the Carnival Splendor which left out of LA. We had two days at sea and then ported in Puerto Vallerta. Garrett and I did the great canopy excursion. It included a mule ride, nine zip lines and repelling down a waterfall. I felt so out of my element. I may have looked calm and collected but I was horrified for my life. One zip line we crashed into this bitter cold water. It was definitely a rush! I am so glad I worked through my fear and went. Garrett and I loved it.

I forgot to mention that our captain put a big hole in the back of the ship as he was backing into the port. We stayed in Puerto Vallerta two days and skipped Mazatlan. I guess I will never know what I missed, but we did get an extra day to look around because we had spent the entire previous day on our excursion. We had fun with Garrett's family bartering with the townsfolk.

Once the boat was clear for departure and the welders fixed the hole, we were off to Cabo San Lucas. Cabo was my favorite destination! We all got off the ship and took a water taxi over to this beautiful remote beach. There were a lot of tourists there, after a couple of hours we went back to shore. We went along the town had some lunch and did more bartering. I have to admit bartering is kind of fun. The ship set off early that afternoon. We had one more day at sea before we arrived back in LA.

I am so glad we had the opportunity to get away and go on our very first cruise! Courtesy of Dan and Diana. Best Christmas gift ever, thanks you two! I am also so grateful to my awesome mother who flew out and watched my Chanelle and wild Brooklyn for an entire week. Thanks mom your the greatest!



Christmas was wonderful, but all of you parents know it's the best when you have kids to share it with! It was Chanelle's first christmas, and though she was unable to unwrap the presents herself, Brooklyn thoroughly enjoyed the task. I think Brooklyn thought it was one big birthday though because she thought it was all for her. Well Chanelle didn't mind that a bit, she was only interested in the wrapping paper and tags anyway. Garrett and I had our christmas the week before, but somehow when we agree not to buy one another gifts somehow he seems to forget. It makes for an awkward moment when I have to remind him. I do have to admit though that I am loving my Marc Jacobs "Daisy" perfume. Thanks babe.

After Christmas my parents flew down to spend the week with us. We had a great time and my babies absolutely adore their grandparents! Thanks for visiting with us and ringing in the new year!



Also, most of you have seen the sign out front and may have wondered why. Garrett has accepted a job in Seattle, Washington. Redundantly enough it is with the University of Washington working in there Export Complaince Dept. It will be a great oppurtunity for us! He will be starting his first day on campus on Monday, January 25th. I am really looking forward to living near all my family! I will be sticking around here for awhile trying to sale this place. I have some serious issues when it comes to patience. So I will have to just stop checking my email and phone awaiting news from our Realtor. SHELBY it's only been on the market for like a week and half get over it!!! I know its pathetic. Well I will be better about blogging, or I will at least try. Take care :)

Garrett I am really excited for you! We will love it in Seattle.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 20, 2010 at Wednesday, January 20, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Congratulations on the new job and we wish you the best with selling your house and moving to a new place! That will be really exciting.

Your cruise looked like tons of fun. I think that will be the next thing Mark and I do, if we can convince someone to watch our crazy boys for a week.

January 20, 2010 1:59 PM
Anonymous  

Love what you've done with the blog, Shelby! And can't wait to have your whole family, kit and kaboodle here. Love Dad

January 20, 2010 9:15 PM

We're sad to see you move, but I'm glad you'll be by your family!

January 21, 2010 4:06 PM
MOM  

Shelby, thanks for updating your blog. It was filled with great pictures and happenings. I had such fun watching watching the girls while you were on your cruise.
As for your move... House please sell fast!
I do have to say you are leaving a wonderful neighborhood of friends. As one who has personally seen how terrific they are. I am sure they will miss you and I am certain you will really miss them.
As I sat in your sacrament meeting over the Christmas holiday, I scanned the room and realized I was probably the oldest one there. It was one big "youngfest" of terrific and dedicated parents.

January 21, 2010 6:41 PM

Post a Comment