The stork has landed!  

Posted



I cannot believe my beautiful baby girl is already here! Chanelle Calais Steele was born Monday, February 16th at 9:29 am. She weighed in at 6 lbs 9 oz and 19 inches long.

I began to have contractions Sunday night leading on into the early hours of Monday. They became more painful and regular and after about 2 hours of timing them, I woke Garrett and told him we are having this baby. We arrived at the hospital around 4:00 am. By then my contractions got even worse, but thanks to that wonderful thing called an epidural, which saved me till delivery. After about 5 hours of labor we were blessed with the presence of our new addition. Chanelle is a beautiful girl with great health and is growing strong.

We were discharged the following day, Tuesday at 5:00 pm. I am so happy to be home with my little family. Garrett has been very helpful this week, and attending to my every need. Thanks babe for everything and for putting together this video.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 18, 2009 at Wednesday, February 18, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

17 comments

Anonymous  

The cutest video. She is adorable. Brookie let everyone know in the video that she was the big sister...."and don't you forget it" with her cute little jabbering.
You have been blessed with two beautiful chidren. How lucky.
Congratulations you guys. We love you.
Dale and Susan

February 18, 2009 10:16 PM
Anonymous  

Shelby, what a lovely family you have. What a blessing from God! I can't believe you're a mom... I remember you and Brenna dressing up in costumes before you were grade-school age. I forwarded your email to Brenna and you'll certainly hear from her. Love, Robbin

February 19, 2009 12:41 AM

Shelby (and Garrett too) congratulations on such a beautiful baby. I can't wait to come meet her. I just left you a message but give me a call so we can bring you dinner and take Brooklyn sometime.

February 19, 2009 8:49 AM

She is precious. Congrats you guys!

February 19, 2009 9:23 AM

oh my! so precious!!!

February 19, 2009 9:26 AM

Congratulations! She is so beautiful! I can't wait to hold her!

February 19, 2009 9:30 AM

She's beautiful! What a cute girl and cute name! Brooklyn is funny too! I love the part where she's on the floor! Congratulations and let me know how I can help or if you need anything!

February 19, 2009 9:36 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!!! She's beautiful just like her big sister!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the video! Can we hire Garrett to put one together for us too!? :) congrats again!!! :)

February 19, 2009 10:17 AM

Congrats! How fun that our little girls are less than a week apart! Now I just need to move back to Utah so that they can play together:) I hope you are doing well, call me when you feel up to it and we can chat new baby stuff.

February 19, 2009 1:30 PM

Congratulations! She is adorable.

February 19, 2009 1:32 PM

HOORAY!! Congratulations! I am such a bad neighbor. I have seen you driving by all week and didn't even think about it!! She is so cute!

February 19, 2009 11:20 PM

Congrats you guys! Can't wait to meet her! Hope all is well...love, Mara

February 20, 2009 5:12 PM

Congrats to y'all from Texas!

February 20, 2009 10:51 PM
Anonymous  
This comment has been removed by the author.
February 21, 2009 8:06 PM

Congrats guys, she is beatiful!!! I really hope all is going well and cant wait to meet her!!

February 21, 2009 8:09 PM

Congrats you guys! So happy to hear she is here and doing good!

February 23, 2009 8:09 PM

Sorry this is so late in coming, but she is ADORABLE!! You two make beautiful girls..now I'm just waiting for my little Lincoln nephew to come along..rib rib!!!

March 08, 2009 8:41 PM

Post a Comment