We are settled  

Posted

Well I won't begin to go back and pick up where I left off from Chanelle's Birthday, however I can give you a run down of our new life here in the northwest. Many of you know of Garrett's move to the University of Washington back in January. He works in their compliance dept.
The girls and I joined him a month later. We lived with my parents up through April while transitioning. They were so kind and hospitable. Brooklyn loved living at grandma and grandpa's and for the longest time didn't want anything to do with me. I was so proud of Brooklyn when she started potty training the week we moved up here. Of course, she didn't want my help just daddy's or grandma's. I'm lucky only a few car seat washes and bedsheets since she began.

Our house sold within two months, which was a relief. So we were able to look more fully into homes in the area. I found many homes I could sort of see us in, or talk myself into. However we were lucky to find "The one" in the town of Lynnwood, which is fifteen minutes north of Seattle. We moved in at the beginning of May and now are settled in. We really LOVE our home, neighborhood, and ward. Of course I do miss the hood in Spanish Fork, and the SUN! I will have to get use to the fact that it will mostly be overcast with random rain spurts throughout the week. It is beautiful though! I will post better pics of the house in my next post, which won't be six months from now.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at Tuesday, June 29, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

8 comments

I'm glad to see that you're settled into your new house. I really miss seeing you around. It's not the same without you.

June 30, 2010 8:12 AM

I love all of the pictures, they are so cute! I really like the colors you painted Brooklyn's room, I bet she loves it! I need to come and visit sometime soon!

July 02, 2010 7:15 AM

it's so good to hear from you guys! :) i'm excited that you guys are feeling settled where you are. We miss you! keep posting! i'll try to get to our blog soon! ;P life's been nuts lately. good, but nuts! take care!

July 06, 2010 6:47 PM

Yeah, I'm so happy to see you guys are doing well. I hope you love it there too. Any place can work if you stay positive. We miss you guys. can't wait to see more on the blog!!

July 07, 2010 12:54 AM

Oh I loved all the pictures. Glad you're settled in and all went well. The guy that bought your house sure is a nice guy. Keep up the blogging so we can see your cute girls more often. ;)

July 07, 2010 9:39 AM

I miss you but I am glad that things are well. The girls are getting so big. When are you coming out to Utah? Gavin likes to go to your old house all the time I think he still thinks Brooklyn is there. Did I mention that I miss ya and our Girl's Night Outs and watching the bachelor?

July 12, 2010 10:25 PM

What a beautiful home! Congrats! I'm glad to see you are settled! I hope all is well with your cute family!

July 28, 2010 3:34 PM

I didn't know you guys moved! Sad!!! But I'm so glad it's to the Northwest! I lived in Spokane (the other side of WA) and it's so beautiful there! Your girls are so beautiful, Shelby! It's good to see you're doing well! :)

September 12, 2010 5:04 PM

Post a Comment